Changes to perl mailing list

Daniel Sherer dsherer at gte.net
Sat Jul 22 15:02:15 CDT 2000

Hey everybody,

I just got this message from the main Perl Mongers' administrator:

> This will affect a some of your members.  Some people send mail from
> a different address than the one they are subscribed as.  These members
> will no longer be able to post messages to the list.  The simplest
> solution is for them to post from where the subscribed from.

Our list is (too) low volume, so this probably won't affect us that much, but just in case any of
you have problems, please contact me, directly, at perl at sherer.org

On a happier note, I just got my copy of "Programming Perl" (3rd edition), thanks to Mark who
attended the Perl conference!  I've only read the first chapter, so far, but it seems to be an
improvement over the 2nd edition.  In my opinion, the 2nd edition was much less readable and
enjoyable than the first edition and only really useful as a reference.

Anyone else have any comments?

Daniel