[Thamesvalley-pm] tech talks in February

Neil Bowers neil.bowers at cogendo.com
Mon Jan 16 15:49:49 PST 2017

We’ve got at least two options for tech talks in February:

Will Hawes has invited us to go along to the tech[maidenhead] meetup on February 7th:

https://www.meetup.com/techmaidenhead/events/236353853/ <https://www.meetup.com/techmaidenhead/events/236353853/>
This is a general tech meetup, and they already have some talks scheduled. Will reckons we could fit in 3 Perl talks. Given the meetup, they would need to aim to be of general interest, rather than hardcore Perl :-)

The second option would be to have a Perl/TVPM only gathering for lightning talks, followed by a beer or two in a local hostelry. This would mean we could have more than 3 talks, and they could be on anything related to Perl (or not!). But if only 3 people can be strong-armed into talking, then we might as well join in with the Maidenhead meet-up.

So far we have 3 potential speakers:

Oliver
Roger
Me

If one more person wants to talk, but people would still like to go along to the Maidenhead meetup, I’m happy to not talk.

What’s everyone’s preference?

Neil