[Thamesvalley-pm] November Meetup -- Reading

Oliver Gorwits oliver at cpan.org
Fri Oct 28 04:40:04 PDT 2016

On 2016-10-28 09:20, Roger Bell_West wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 11:59:44PM +0100, Neil Bowers wrote:
>> Anyone want to suggest a pub other than the Greyfriar?
>
> I've heard good things about The Alehouse at the east end of Broad
> Street
> (http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/36/367/Alehouse/Reading), but
> not tried it myself.

It is excellent, but small. We almost certainly won't get a table.

The Linux group meet in a Wetherspoons that always has space but is a
bit soulless and much further from the train station:
https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/pubs/all-pubs/england/berkshire/the-back-of-beyond-reading

I think the Sceptics meet here, and it's okay, but also a fair walk from
the station:
http://www.outlook-reading.co.uk/

I still like the Greyfriar for its location and drink selection :)

oliver.