[Thamesvalley-pm] Meetup scheduling for June and July

Charlie Harvey charlie at newint.org
Tue May 24 06:01:09 PDT 2016

On 24/05/16 13:46, Roger Bell_West wrote:
> On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 01:37:39PM +0100, Neil Bowers wrote:
>> Would the Oxford Massive like to suggest a pub we could gather at,
>> which (a) easy to get to by train, (b) similar for car, and has
>> good parking, (c) has decent beer on tap?
>
> Getting a car into Oxford is deliberately hard, but there are Park &
> Rides with decent bus services as long as one isn't too late. (And
> one of them ends at Oxford Parkway station.)

Hi,

What Roger said about parking..

2 suggestions that are near the station:

The Jam Factory - bang opposite the station, lots of beers including
about 10 Belgians if that's your bag http://www.thejamfactoryoxford.com/

The Punter - More of a traditional pub, normally has some good ales on
bit further away http://www.thepunteroxford.co.uk/about/

Cheers,

Charlie Harvey
IT Director
New Internationalist

t: +44 (0)1865 403249
f: +44 (0)1865 403346
w: http://newint.org/
k: http://ox4.li/gpgkey/

New Internationalist is an independent not-for-profit communications
cooperative. Our multi-award winning magazine, New Internationalist,
brings to life the people, the ideas and the action in the fight for
global justice.

New Internationalist Publications Ltd. is incorporated in England
under no.1005239.

New Internationalist, Old Music Hall, 106-108 Cowley Rd.,
Oxford, OX4 1JE, UK