[Thamesvalley-pm] It's time for the next meeting!

Chad Hanna chad at chadhanna.co.uk
Mon Oct 14 15:26:23 PDT 2013

On 14/10/2013 14:14, Oliver Gorwits wrote:
> On 2013-10-14 13:20, David Pottage wrote:
>> I don't think you should change the date of meetings without good
>> reason. The third Wednesday of each month was agreed when we started,
>> and we should stick to it. I can make that date, but I cannot make the
>> 23rd as you have suggested, I am sure I am not the only member who
>> cannot attend on the new date.
>>
>> In any case, why are you changing the date?
>
> At the last meeting there was a suggestion to move to penultimate Weds
> instead of third Weds. To be honest I can't remember the details
> (something to do with short and long months), but as we've been
> waiting for a venue in case of tech talks, I figured the extra week
> would not hurt. No problem with sticking to third Weds if it's
> embedded in brain cells :)
>
> We don't have a venue for talks so I guess it'll be in the pub. See
> you there?
>
> regards,
> oliver.
Just some ideas:

For the truly desperate, I may be able to access a first floor room that
will host a dozen or so. The Berkshire Family History Society even has
seven oldish XP machines (2007) downstairs, some of which have Notepad++
and ActiveState perl on them. Not for 3rd Wednesdays though, or Tuesdays
or committee meetings :-) There's even parking.

There are plenty of rooms for hire, the Reading Computer Group had a
room at the British Legion in Tilehurst when they were active.  The
Oakwood Centre in Woodley has a range of rooms, more expensive but good
service. I'm familiar with Earley St Peters Church Hall. You'd be
looking at £2-3 pounds a person I guess. Pubs can sometimes provide a
room for beer I believe.

Unfortunately, my own data projector is only SVGA but I do have a 5 foot
screen, if needed.

Chad

--
Chad Hanna www.chadhanna.co.uk - twitter @chadhanna