[Thamesvalley-pm] O'REILLY UK User Group Program

Ismail, Rafiq (IT) Rafiq.Ismail at MorganStanley.com
Wed Feb 27 05:57:34 PST 2008

Certainly.  It has patterns for using the Test::* modules in testing
everything from your stand-alone scripts to Apache modules.

As the only one to come forward, you win the right to write this review.
I'll drop you a seperate email directly.
Thanks,

Raf

________________________________

	From: thamesvalley-pm-bounces+rafiq.ismail=ms.com at pm.org
[mailto:thamesvalley-pm-bounces+rafiq.ismail=ms.com at pm.org] On Behalf Of
Lance Wicks
	Sent: 26 February 2008 23:20
	To: ThamesValley Perl Mongers
	Subject: Re: [Thamesvalley-pm] O'REILLY UK User Group Program

	Hi Dave,

	would you consider it a good intro text for someone just getting
started with testing?
	I am at the stage where I am starting to write basic tests with
test::more

	Lance

	On Feb 26, 2008, at 2:11 PM, Dave Cross wrote:

		Quoting Lance Wicks <lw at judocoach.com>:

			I'd be happy to do a review from a "new to TDD"
perspective.

			I have been working on a project, where I
actually started to do

			things in a more test driven manner.

		"Perl Testing - A Developer's Notebook" isn't actually
about
		test-driven development. It's an introduction to all of
the various
		kinds of Perl testing technologies.

		In fact, TDD isn't even in the index.

		Not that this is in any way a criticism. It's a great
book. I highly
		recommend it.

		Dave...

	Below are my contact details: