[Thamesvalley-pm] Venue Issues

Mark Robson mark at gensortium.com
Mon Sep 10 13:14:10 PDT 2007

On Monday 10 September 2007 10:43, Ismail, Rafiq (IT) wrote:
> > There are two LUGs in the Oxford area, don't know much about them.

As far as I'm aware, neither currently has regular meetings. I'm a member of
OxLUG, we have pub meetings sometimes but are not well attended.

> Iain Emsley has offered to talk to someone at the 'Jericho Tavern,' in
> Oxford.  Apparently they already hold regular tech-nights.  He's also
> suggested that there might be interest from the university..

"Oxford Geek Nights" has been there. Three have happened so far all of which
were good. It's a good venue (basically a music venue).

But Geek Nights was more of a web design / graphic design based thing,
focusing largely on design topics, and buzz about "Web 2.0" sites etc.

Mark