[Thamesvalley-pm] calling all Perl newbies!

Jacqui caren jacqui.caren at ntlworld.com
Tue Sep 4 05:09:45 PDT 2007

Richard Dawe wrote:
> I'm guessing here, since I don't know the requirements.

The most basic requirement is to grep for a specific pattern
throughout the email (including attachements).

My initial attempt at a serialised message expansion was not very
effecient but was some 10* faster than any of the existing MIME
parsers when scanning lots of NDR's, spam etc.

> Mails can be bigger than physical memory. Or have crazy structures.
> Examples:
>
> * 4.7GB DVD image compressed to 450MB and then attached to a message.
> * Message with 2,500 attachments.
> * Message with 2,500 nesting levels.

Attachments can be big but MIME nesting levels max out a 5 deep.

Jacqui