[Thamesvalley-pm] Meeting #0

Raf tvpm at dreamthought.com
Thu Jul 12 03:54:01 PDT 2007

Hi ThamesValliers,

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007, Dr Adam J Trickett wrote:

> I'd like to thank Raf for organising the meeting and the speakers,
> and listeners.

Thank you for providing our opening talk.

I'm glad that it all worked out and am grateful to all of you attended and
presented.

As promised long, long ago.  I'm going to write to Barbie from
birmingham.pm and see if it's still possible to integrate us into their
world-tour.

> It was good to see everyone, and I hope we can do this again. Next time
> I can even give a talk with more than a few lines of Perl in!
That would be great.

I'm thinking of perhaps giving a comparison on templating technologies or
porting to mod_perl 2.

I'm also in the process of building a backend to that we may start life
with a nice website.  I'm hoping that we might be able to start pushing
out (retroactively), presentations on our site as well.  Will keep you all
updated.

In the mean time, I hope that you all had a great time and were able to
get some value out of the evening.

I'm looking forward to next month's meet.  I'm curious, how people feel
about holding our .pm meetings on the weekends from time to time?  I
figured that it 'might' make it easier to wrap things up earlier in the
day.  Have a think and let us all know?

In the mean time, I'm curious whether August 16th/17th sounds reasonable?

My preference is actually for 17th August?

Hope that you all had a good time.  Looking forward to seeing you all next
month.  In the mean time, I'd like to invite your proposals for talks on
Perl (or interesting implementations / architecture / design/ engineering /
testing whatever topics - hopefully with some link back to perl space..)

Looking forward to Meeting 0.1.

Raf