[Thamesvalley-pm] calling all Perl newbies & an actual [question] on XML::Generator

Ismail, Rafiq (IT) Rafiq.Ismail at MorganStanley.com
Tue Aug 21 01:11:23 PDT 2007

I think that this is a great idea and would second the notion of a
mentoring scheme.  Adam is also spot on and it would be great to see
this list become a useful resource for those subscribed.

So, on that note.. I have a rather dumb question which someone might
have a quick answer to.  I've noticed with XML::Generator version 0.99
that while it appears to have a method for generating XML header
declarations ( via xmldecl ), this method doesn't actually seem to do
'anything'.  I don't have the option of a later version and wondered
whether anyone has tried to use this module for writing XML and found it
to be just as flawed in pushing out a simple <?xml ..?> ?  This occurs
when invoking $xmlGen->xmldecl( VERSION=>'1.0' ).  Any ideas?

Apologies for the top post.. outlook.

Thanks,

Raf