[Thamesvalley-pm] Tech Meeting/Workshop

Adam Trickett adam.trickett at iredale.net
Sun Aug 19 09:21:24 PDT 2007

Hi,

Yesterday we had a small meeting in Reading. I mentioned at the meeting that
we should try and arrange something like an proper workshop next spring. I
know it's hard work to plan and arrange but by picking a date in the future
we have time to plan and arrange things and with plenty of warning we could
run a proper event.

Is there any interest in doing this?

I think that with warning we stand a chance of drawing people in from both the
immediate vicinity and places further a field. With advertising here, on
other PM lists and in near-by LUGs we could get sufficient interest.

With us being more widely distributed that the London.pm I'm aware that it's
going to be harder for us to maintain momentum than them. I hope that
planning for this we could generate a buzz.

Fred also mentioned a "Code Repair Shop". Install and fix events are popular
in LUGs, and he wondered if there is sufficient interest is trying to
organise as part of our next meeting something along the lines of a "Code
Repair" session? Obviously it's something we can do on the list too, but it's
also an idea for a meeting. I know that Dominus's Red Flags and Repair Shop
sessions have proved popular at conferences such as YAPC.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Deck of Cards: $1.29.
"101 Solitaire Variations" book: $6.59.
Cheap replacement for the one thing Windows is good at: priceless
    -- Shane Lazarus