[Thamesvalley-pm] Hosting and Event/meeting at an employer

Adam Trickett adam.trickett at iredale.net
Thu Aug 9 14:26:57 PDT 2007

Hi,

I was wondering, for those people who convinced an employer to let them host a
technical event such as a LUG/PM meeting on site, what hoops did they have to
jump through to be allowed to host the meeting?

I assume there was the sign in and sign out and you have to be in attendance
at all times, and make sure everything is in order, but what other things did
they expect you to do?

We have plenty of large meeting rooms at work and we could easily host a Perl
Mongers day, we have projectors/screens, plenty of tables and chairs and
non-corporate network internet access. I think we can also cordon of the
building so the access is restricted.

If I did ask I know there would the obvious concerns, but I wondered what was
reasonable and what have people put up with? The recent ThamesValley.PM
meeting took place in a commercial office space, and I know banks have hosted
technical meetings before now for the London.PM.

Being based in Basingstoke in north Hampshire may be a useful location for
some meetings.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Like dreams, statistics are a form of wish fulfilment.
    -- Jean Baudrillard