[Tallahassee-pm] Any Perl Interest in Northwest Florida or Southern Alabama?

Tom Browder tom.browder at gmail.com
Sun May 17 05:31:43 PDT 2015

I feel like a long-time Perl programmer in the wilderness
(particularly interested in Perl 6), and I would love to find some
fellow, like-minded folks between Mobile and Tallahassee and south of
Birmingham willing to form a Perl Mongers group somewhere in that
broad area.  As you may know, the closest active PM group in our areat
is Atlanta--a wee bit far for me for attending monthly meetings (but I
do plan to attend one soon).

FWIW, I have started a Northwest Linux User Group (NWFLUG) in
Niceville, Florida (see https://nwflug.org), but nary a Perl Person
attends.  However, the meeting place is good (and free), and there
exists the possibility of hosting a PM group on 3rd Mondays or
whatever we can work out that suits members.  I also lease my own
server and can host the group on it.

This area also hosts an annual Computer Expo (Computer Tech) in
January or February each year at Northwest Florida State College that
we could piggy back on (see the front page of this link for news of
Tech '15 which took place on 2015-01-31: http://www.nwfacug.org/).

Warmest regards,

-Tom

Founder, NWFLUG