[Tallahassee-pm] [Fwd: Newsletter from O'Reilly UG Program, May 29]

Hector A. Holguin holguinh at homesandland.com
Mon Jun 2 11:22:57 CDT 2003

The 2nd Thursday of June is Ok with me.  I'll make sure not to miss this one
since I was unable to attend the last one.

For all of you who joined the group since our first meeting, my name is
Hector Holguin.  I met James and Todd in our first meeting.  Since then, I
have been extremely busy at work and unable to contribute much to the group.

I work at The Printing House, Ltd. developing applications for their
printing operations, as well as their real estate publications (Homes & Land
magazine).  In one area I deal a lot with paper inventory, job estimating,
document proofing, etc. using ColdFusion/Oracle for intranet processes and,
most recently, c++ on Macs for extending QuarkXPress and Abobe InDesign.
The other area involves mostly collecting and processing information (real
estate data and images) online for our print publications and web sites.
Here is were I get to play with Perl in various ways, using primarily the
DBI and ImageMagick modules.

James: I still have the two books I took home in the first meeting.  I
apologize for keeping them so long and will make sure to bring them to the
next meeting.
Marie: I saw your messages regarding the YAPC and tried to work out the time
with my family and my employer, but didn't get it.  Enjoy and let us know
how it went.

Regards,

Hector Holguin.