[sb.pm] ActivePerl on PC

Matt Wynne rustraze at optonline.net
Thu Apr 21 09:14:22 PDT 2005

Greetings:

I am a new user to Perl although I have experience with other programming
languages.

I would like to develop and test my cgi program at my PC (WIN98) before I
upload it to my ISP server.  I am having difficulty interfacing with my
browser - MSIE5.

When the call to the ActivePerl program is made from the browser, I get the
"Save to disk or Open at current location" dialog box.  Selecting "Open at
location" opens a DOS window where the Perl program executes.

I also cannot get the Perl program to accept %ENV from the browser (all
elements are null) and cannot get the Perl program to output back to the
browser (in other words:

print "<HTML>";

will cause "<HTML>" to echo in the DOS window.)

Any ideas as to what I get do to get this to work would be appreciated.

Thanks
-Matt Wynne