[sb.pm] (no subject)

James Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Sun Nov 14 21:41:31 CST 2004

In case you're in New York City on Tuesday night, check out Perl
Seminar NY.  Our November 16 meeting will feature a talk by Marc
Prewitt on CPAN module Text::Template, whose author is Mark Jason
Dominus.  Marc P. has provided this description:

"Template modules help generate letters, build HTML pages and perform
'mail merge' functionality.  Most template modules invent a special
language for substitutions, formatting and looping.  Text::Template
templates are programmed in perl, a language you already know and love.
  This talk explains how Text::Template works and some of the pros and
cons of using it."

Have you used Text::Template?  If so, bring examples of how you have
used it to the meeting and we'll discuss them after Marc makes the main
presentation.

As always we will meet at:
NYPC User Group
481 8 Avenue (Ramada New Yorker hotel)
Suite 1560
between 34th & 35th Sts, Manhattan, right near Penn Station
Tuesday, November 16, 6:15-8:15 pm