[sb.pm] Perl Seminar NY Meets Tues 12/21

James Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Fri Dec 17 17:27:44 CST 2004

There is a reason to visit New York in the week before Xmas -- besides
seeing the Rockefeller Center Xmas tree:  Perl Seminar NY's December
meeting.

NYPC User Group
481 8 Avenue (Ramada New Yorker hotel)
Suite 1560
between 34th & 35th Sts, Manhattan, right near Penn Station
Tuesday, December 21, 6:15-8:15 pm

1. Jim Cromie: "Life on p5p"
Jetting in from the ski slopes of Colorado, one of our farthest flung
members will discuss the 'perl5-porters' mailing list and its role in
the ongoing development of the Perl computer language. Jim Cromie is an
active contributor to p5p (as well as to the Perl6 list), and we've
asked him to speak about one of the most important discussion forums in
the worldwide community and its role in improving and extending Perl.

2. Jim Keenan: "A Primer on Coverage Analysis and Devel::Cover"
At our October meeting Perl Seminar NY members agreed to participate in
the ongoing Phalanx quality improvement project
(http://qa.perl.org/phalanx) for CPAN modules. Coverage analysis is an
important aspect of this: "I've written all these tests -- but how much
of my code to they actually test?" Perl has an excellent coverage
analysis tool in Paul Johnson's Devel::Cover module, available from
CPAN. In this talk, Jim Keenan presents an introduction to coverage
analysis via Devel::Cover.