[SPUG-Workers] October Meeting?

jerry gay jerry.gay at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 10:01:24 PDT 2006

On 10/9/06, Steve Baylis <sbaylis at whitepages.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Are we having a meeting next week?  The WhitePages office is available,
> but I have nothing worthy of presenting.

yes! we're having a meeting. there's no speaker booked, so let's all
be the speakers. it's fall and the harvest moon is waning. let's take
some time to talk about what we've harvested from perl this season.
come with examples of modules you've used, code you've written, or
concepts you've come to understand, and what fruits your labors have
bared.

i have many examples from my work on parrot, and i can spend a few
minutes describing a small module i wrote to filter application error
messages using Tie::File. i hope you can find an example or two and
are willing to share them with the group. otherwise, we can wander
downstairs and enjoy the fruits of someone else's harvest at rock
bottom :)

the meeting is the usual place and time (17oct at 18:30.) i'll send out
an announcement soon.
~jerry