[SPUG-Workers] March Meeting

jerry gay jerry.gay at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 07:19:18 PST 2006

On 3/7/06, Steve Baylis <sbaylis at gmail.com> wrote:
> I haven't seen anything about topics or speakers for March.  The
> meeting is only two weeks away, we should lock these things down this
> week so we can post the agenda and reminder to the larger group a week
> before the meeting.
>
> I've got nothing to present, but I'm hoping that we can re-schedule
> Jerry's talk was postponed or someone else has something worth
> presenting.

thanks for the reminder. i'm on for march 21 for a 50 minute talk on
perl testing. i owe andrew some blurbs, so i've included them below.
~jerry

Jerry Gay is a software consultant who uses Perl for fun and profit
mainly by automating people out of jobs. He's a core committer for
Parrot, the virtual machine destined to run Perl 6, where he's
responsible for the test suite.

Test More, ok?
My confidence that my code will perform to specification has improved
significantly since I learned how to write tests. I'll give an
overview of some of Perl's test modules, and share my experiences in
applying them to Parrot. Hopefully, this will inspire you to improve
confidence in your code by writing your own tests.