[SPUG-Workers] 21 Feb 2006

Andrew Sweger andrew at sweger.net
Mon Jan 23 11:03:02 PST 2006

The next meeting is February 21 and we have a location and approximate
time settled. Jerry Gay offered to show us around the test framework of
Parrot (sorry if I mischaracterised that).

Jerry, are you willing to commit to that yet? If so, got a blurb and bio
we can publish? How long (half or whole meeting or other)?

And, this is the email I got from Geoffrey Grosenbach regarding Ruby on
Rails:

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, Geoffrey Grosenbach wrote, in part:

> I don't want to start a language war, but I'd like to offer to give a
> presentation at SPUG about the popular Ruby on Rails web framework.
> There was a little bit of interest a few weeks ago when I posted to
> the list.
>
> I attended SPUG a few years ago before I moved to Asia. I'm now back
> in Seattle and am doing Ruby freelancing fulltime. Perl is a great
> language, but Rails has some nice features that Perl web frameworks
> could benefit from (and already have, with Perl Catalyst and others).
>
> If you're interested, call or write. I can't be there tonight, but
> maybe in Feb or March.

So, that's an option too, possibly. Your thoughts?

--
Andrew B. Sweger -- The great thing about multitasking is that several
                                things can go wrong at once.