SPUG: Knock Knock

Mark Swayne daotoad at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 15:57:30 PDT 2016

There's an interesting YAPC talk about Perl usage that features some data
that calls what you are asserting into question. His data shows a
significant number of new (1-3 years) Perl devs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df5Q4iPBNKM

FWIW Perl5 is back in TIOBE's top 10 with a growth rate exceeding that of
all but one of the other to 10 languages.

http://www.tiobe.com/tiobe_index?page=index

Perl is growing nicely.  It's just not the pre-eminent web language it once
was.  It seems to get mostly used for data munging and automation.