SPUG: It gaugtht bettuh...

Dyck, David david.dyck at fluke.com
Thu Jul 7 08:35:13 PDT 2016

It's been a while since I read
   http://perldoc.perl.org/perlref.html#Function-Templates

Did you see this note at the bottom:
   CAVEAT: Aliasing does not work correctly with closures. If you try to alias lexical variables from an inner subroutine or eval, the aliasing will only be visible within that inner sub, and will not affect the outer subroutine where the variables are declared. This bizarre behavior is subject to change.