SPUG: FossNights

Fred Morris m3047 at m3047.net
Thu Apr 2 11:45:56 PDT 2015

Not quite sure what format you have in mind, and I live and work in
Tacoma. Mostly I work with python these days (although I am still fond of
Net::DNS).

Although it's a reverse commute I am still not typically driving to
Seattle (or Bellevue) for events... unless I'm really feeling up to it and
the weather is good (I'm taking the motorcycle not the car: carpool lanes
and parking). I do it maybe two to four times a year.

I attend the Big Data Meetup at UWT every few months and that's about it
for geek-related social life. There are some other more business-related
or broadly tech-related things which come up several times a year and
which I often attend. I tried organizing a Cassandra meetup once a couple
years ago.

Here's crazy: who's going to OsCon? Who wants to take the train (from
Seattle or Tacoma) and have a pre-event party/hackathon on the train?

--

Fred