SPUG: JOB: Scientific Programmer (Perl) in UW Microbiology

SPUG Jobs jobs-noreply at seattleperl.org
Tue Jul 9 13:22:38 PDT 2013

I am leaving to attend medical school, vacating a position I have held for
the last 8+ years developing a web-based scientific application for HIV
research at the UW. We are looking for an experienced programmer to take
over the project ASAP. A link to the full description, including
instructions to apply, is below the summary, and I would be happy to
answer any individual questions as well (bmaust at the standard UW
domain). This is a great opportunity for someone with strong technical
skills to contribute meaningfully to medical science with a significant
public health impact.

required skill-set:

 - Extensive experience with writing object-oriented Perl for the web with
   Catalyst, SQL, HTML/CSS/JS
 - Familiarity with C/C++, Python, Java
 - Apache (mod_perl), PostgreSQL

desired skills:

 - experience in molecular biology or life sciences

hiring details:

 - union-exempt permanent W-2
 - standard UW benefits including 403(b) match, tuition exemption, highly
   subsidized health insurance

location:

 - South Lake Union, Seattle with partial telecommute possible (majority
   on-site time required)

company's product or service:

 - The lab focuses on HIV research and is part of the UW Department of
   Microbiology.

full job description:

  https://uwhires.admin.washington.edu/eng/candidates/default.cfm?szCategory=jobprofile&szOrderID=96986

--