SPUG: rejecting PERL applicants?

Robin Darby robindarby at mac.com
Sat Jun 9 00:15:54 PDT 2012

If ur name were an acronym you'd have a valid point (?).
I understand that it's a cultural thing, I wish every developer respected (& loved) 'perl' the way we do!

To fill seats, I'm happy to hire any half decent PHP developer who can write an SQL query (I don't even bother asking my UML questions anymore :(

TBH, if I had my way, I'd reject anyone who didn't use MooseX::Declare.

But I guess things aren't quite so provincial in Seattle?

OTT, anyone planning to attend YAPC next week?

Ty
  Robin...