SPUG: New Seattle resident seeks like-minded individuals to discuss Perl

Noah Rømer baronmog at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 09:33:38 PDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 8:24 AM, Thomas Sibley <tsibley at cpan.org> wrote:
> On 08/21/2012 10:35 PM, Tyler Hardison wrote:
>> Funny, I've mostly been quiet as well. However I'm in the same boat.
>> :) I just moved from California in June and have been lurking.
>>
>> I can speak to topics like Perl in banking. But I'm no brian d foy,
>> Damien, or chromatic. If there is interest I'm willing. :)
>
> +1 for Perl in banking.  I'd attend.  :)

Sounds interesting. SPUG meetings tends to go in cycles. Several
months in a row with talks, then several w/o. In the past, the months
without official talks meant there was no SPUG meeting, at all. More
recently, we've taken to using those as "SPUG social" months. That
way, those who are inclined to still get together and talk about Perl
and related topics can do so. I don't recall what the official SPUG
calendar says, but usually, the process is: show up at Taphouse Grill,
look around for familiar faces (kind of hard, if you're new in town or
it's been a while), and hang out until it's time to walk down to
Marchex for the talk (if there is one).

Generally, if you don't see an official talk announced within a few
days of the meeting, it means it's gonna be a "social" month.
--
It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary
depends on him not understanding it.

- Upton Sinclair