SPUG: JOB: Senior Software Developer - Downtown Seattle - Marchex
jobs-noreply at seattleperl.org
Tue Mar 22 13:43:09 PDT 2011
Position: Senior Software Developer
Location: Downtown Seattle
Our Software Development Engineers act as inventor, product architect,
engineer, and can balance forward thinking with what needs to get done now.
So we're looking for more than just passion for technology, we also want
individuals who can contribute to long lasting solutions, and lead a
discussion about architecture and communicate clearly and convincingly to both
technical and non-technical stakeholders.
About the Product
Any business can purchase a phone number to track online advertising / sales
calls, but how do you measure the value of 'x' million calls a month? Welcome
to Marchex Call Advertising! We enable advertisers to track ROI for online
advertising, and marketing campaigns using VoIP phone lines to optimize
advertising expense both online and offline. We also offer a cost effective
way for businesses to measure the value of their calls.
About the Role
- We have clear leadership!
- We are transitioning into a highly Agile team, with frequent releases, TDD,
- Our product is already a success, and it's time to crank it up to the next
- Perl, Asterisks, OpenSIP, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Open source technologies such as Perl and telephony stack (learn new
- Public API
- Flexible product (VXML) that allows our clients to build tools on our
- Product built entirely in-house
- Small team, and collaborative learning environment (Share your knowledge
and learn from us too)
- Work on interesting challenges because we have *big* plans
- Your work will matter because our product gets heavily used and our
customers LOVE it!
Skills and Qualifications
- BS degree in a Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in software development
- Experience with a variety of SDLCs
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to rapidly changing company and project
- Fluency in more than one language such as Perl, Ruby, Java, Python, C
- Understanding of OO design, algorithms, data structures, networking,
database design & optimization
- Extensive experience with database design and optimization
- Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies
Nice to have's
- Experience working with a development framework (Mason, Rails, Catalyst,
JSP, etc) HTML, CSS, JS and Linux
- Experience with telco or VoIP technologies such as a SIP/Asterisk/TDM/
PBX's, any VoIP protocols
If you are interested in applying please submit your resume to
rcho at marchex.com with a resume attached.
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: Marchex Sr SDE Call Analytics.txt
More information about the spug-list