SPUG: Happy birthday, SPUG

Tim Maher tim at consultix-inc.com
Tue Mar 15 22:00:42 PDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 10:50:53AM -0700, Andrew Sweger wrote:

> The Seattle Perl Users Group was started by Tim Maher thirteen years ago
> and held its first meeting on March 17th, 1998 (yes, St. Patrick's day).
> Happy 13th birthday, SPUG. Thanks, Tim.
>
> --
> Andrew B. Sweger -- The great thing about multitasking is that several
>                                 things can go wrong at once.

I'm gratified to know that SPUG has done a lot to bring Perl
programmers together and help them exchange information about our
favorite language.

Although I did start the group and run it for 6 years, two other guys
that attended the first meeting have been more active in keeping SPUG
alive in recent times; I'm talking about Andy Sweger and Colin Meyer;
please join me in a virtual toast of green beer to them!