SPUG: post processing PDF files to create internal links

Jay Scherrer jay at scherrer.com
Wed Mar 2 09:14:30 PST 2011

Richard,
Have you tried opening  the PDF's with a plain editer (j-edit, emacs)?
When I was creating PDF's for my Tax software (Ptax), I was able to
embed Perl variables with in the document it self. When processed
through the Perl print function all variables were replaced with their
respective values. If this can done then so can a regular parsing.
This was done using the earlier open sourced pdf's
If you need help let me know offline.

Jay Scherrer
jay at scherrer.com