SPUG: Perl Module

dpommert at zipcon.net dpommert at zipcon.net
Wed Dec 7 14:01:52 PST 2011

I would start with the Net::ESMTP module.

-- Daniel Pommert

Amit Sett <amitsett at gmail.com> wrote:

I used to telnet to an ESMTP server and issue the standard set of commands just to send mail (HELO and others).

I am trying to do the same by writing a Perl script and appreciate your feedback on what is the best way to open a network connection to an ESMTP server , issue a sequence of commands and data, and finally close the connection. Are there any specific modules that do the task?

-Amit