SPUG: JOB: Seattle perl developer

SPUG Jobs jobs-noreply at seattleperl.org
Wed Apr 13 09:23:34 PDT 2011

Greetings,

My company - I hired on with them as a FTE about a year ago - is looking
to add a perl developer to its Seattle office. We are building a network
appliance -  hardware and software -  which will greatly improve access
times and throughput to data storage. My manager says we would prefer
FTE, but will consider contract. Here's some bullets on what we're
looking for:

    * Number 1 requirement is smart and self-motivated. We need someone
      who can take the ball and run with it, but isn't shy about asking
      for help when they run into a problem or something they are not
      familiar with.
    * Detail-oriented
    * Good problem solver
    * Willingness to learn
    * UNIX/Linux systems programming experience
    * Knowledge of Perl (preferred) or similar languages like Python and
      Ruby
    * Background in high-reliability, high-performance, and/or real-time
      systems (networking, telecommunications, storage, HPC, etc) is a plus
    * UNIX/Linux system administration experience is a plus

If you are interested and would like to apply, send me your resume and
I'll pass it on. I'm not the hiring manager, just another perl hacker.

--
Mark Mertel
mmertel at dataram.com