SPUG: Let's host a YAPC (Or at least talk about it)

Michael R. Wolf MichaelRWolf at att.net
Tue Oct 19 13:49:01 PDT 2010

On Oct 18, 2010, at 10:50 AM, jerry gay wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 08:47, Andrew Sweger <andrew at sweger.net> wrote:
>> Maybe things have changed, but I've long had the impression that YAPC was
>> the different-than-OSCON option (lower cost, Perl-centric, not the West
>> coast). Could a YAPC in Seattle somehow taint YAPC::NA's value?
>>
> things have changed.  any reasonable application that meets the
> criteria laid out by tpf will be considered.

Thanks for the TPF perspective.

[...]

> in short, potential local yapc organizers can count on my support and
> my attendance, but sadly cannot count on large contributions of my
> time to make it happen.
> ~jerry

Thanks for the commitment, and the healthy boundary setting.  Apology not needed.  Quite the contrary, I was hoping that we could start making YAPC's more sustainable.  That is, with a lot of low- to medium-level commitments like yours, we could avoid the huge-level commitments (punishments) heaped on those who stepped forward.  I'd like to avoid the "punish the volunteer" anti-pattern in group dynamics.

--
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!
        MichaelRWolf at att.net