SPUG: Announcing Seattle Tech Calendar (and who wants to maintain the current meeting on our wiki)

C.J. Adams-Collier KF7BMP cjac at colliertech.org
Thu Oct 7 09:24:44 PDT 2010

I have a VPS that could cope with the extra load, I'm sure.  I haven't
invested in a backup plan, but I know the folks who wrote the
provisioning system (LiquidWeb) and I expect they'll keep all the foo
counters turning as it were.

I guess it is technically "in the cloud" in case anyone cares.  I'd host
it on mature, stable and easy-to-maintain software such as mediawiki &
wordpress or some such.  It makes for easier replacement of the
maintainer when/if the time comes.  I s'pose we could all keep a
synchronized mirror of the db and put a round-robin dns entry in to
share the load around if anyone is concerned with the admin becoming a
tyrant with unchecked power. :)

Iif you're tired of having extra pieces of metal squealing at you from
your basement, Andrew, I'd be willing to keep 'em on mine until it gets
to be too much trouble.

Cheers,

C.J., Hannah and the other (imaginary) folks at Collier Technologies,
LLC