SPUG: Announcing Seattle Tech Calendar (and who wants to maintain the current meeting on our wiki)

Andrew Sweger andrew at sweger.net
Wed Oct 6 12:25:29 PDT 2010

On Wed, 6 Oct 2010, Michael R. Wolf wrote:

>    http://wiki.seattleperl.org/index.php/SpugMeetings#Meetings
>
> Is anyone interested in stepping up to maintaining this?  It would be
> a great service to the SPUG (and Perl) community, and take precious
> little time.  Big ROI, and huge impact on our marketing campaign and
> outreach mission.  And you could put "SPUG leadership team" on your
> resume!

Speaking of the SPUG wiki... I'd love to kill it. It's probably riddled
with spam (I'm not going to look). But worse is where it's hosted.
Amazingly, the machine it's hosted on has an uptime of 731 days and helps
keep my basement warm. But the sysadmin doesn't show it any love (the
cobbler's children have no shoes). There's got to be a better way. Some
kind of free hosted wiki/CMS in the magical cloud? I can point the domain
name wherever. I just don't want to do any maintenance (and I haven't in
years).

--
Andrew B. Sweger -- The great thing about multitasking is that several
                                things can go wrong at once.