SPUG: Announcing Seattle Tech Calendar (and who wants to maintain the current meeting on our wiki)

Michael R. Wolf MichaelRWolf at att.net
Wed Oct 6 12:09:13 PDT 2010

What a great opportunity to geek out!

At Info Camp 2010 (http://seattle.infocamp.org/) this weekend, I learned about Seattle Tech Calendar (http://www.seattletechcalendar.com/).

Noticing that SPUG was missing, I made a request to get us added to the list of recurring meetings.

BUT... (er) AND... that means that folks who aren't SPUG insiders (by virtue of mailing list membership) should be able to learn about the next meeting.  They can't.  The web page (seattle.pm.org redirected to seattleperl.org) references the wiki (http://wiki.seattleperl.org/index.php/Main_Page), but the wiki meeting page hasn't been updated since Feb '09.

   http://wiki.seattleperl.org/index.php/SpugMeetings#Meetings

Is anyone interested in stepping up to maintaining this?  It would be a great service to the SPUG (and Perl) community, and take precious little time.  Big ROI, and huge impact on our marketing campaign and outreach mission.  And you could put "SPUG leadership team" on your resume!

Michael

P.S.  For extra points, you could backfill the historical list of meetings, but that isn't strictly necessary.  We need better clarity in our windshield, not our rear view mirror.

--
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!
        MichaelRWolf at att.net