SPUG: WolframAlpha - a great GUI and API for computing everyday knowledge

Kevin Fink kevin-spug at fink.com
Thu Mar 4 12:50:59 PST 2010

I have a hard time with the UI. They never seem to be able to parse any
useful query I come up with. For example, I would love to see a graph of the
number of large earthquakes per year over the past 100 years or so. I tried
"number of earthquakes > 6.0 per year", "number of earthquakes per year >
6.0", and various other permutations, but couldn't get it to tell me
anything useful at all.

Kevin