SPUG: standard way for a web app to handle incoming email?

Meryll Larkin alwanza at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 2 20:32:04 PST 2010

Thanks David,

Oh, email from an email client on the user's desktop!

Bigger challenge to parse email contents into a database from the body of an email when you don't know what information you are going to receive and in what order....  Which is why after looking at the webform and seeing what Bikewise.org does with the info I assumed that the email was coming from their own webform.  Sorry for my confusion.

I agree, I would use procmail to direct the email into somewhere where I could run a script on it.

Meryll