SPUG: standard way for a web app to handle incoming email?

Meryll Larkin alwanza at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 2 18:47:11 PST 2010

Maybe I'm assuming too much again....  If the Web app and Database are hosted by the same ISP, the ISP usually provides information about how the Database can be accessed inside a script (at least provides you with your account details - username password, the name/address of database and which modules are available to reach it).

If the Web app and Database are not hosted with the same ISP, I could understand you might need to parse the email if the ports you need to communicate directly with the database aren't open between Web app server and DB server.

Meryll