SPUG: standard way for a web app to handle incoming email?

Meryll Larkin alwanza at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 2 18:32:39 PST 2010

Hi Phil,

Sorry,  I don't think the same way everyone else does and sometimes obvious stuff eludes me and I ask stupid questions.....

Why can't you just make the Web app do 2 things at the end of the action:
1.  Send the email
2.  Update the database

(do you still need step 1)?

Of course you'd have to validate user input because user communication directly into a database can be dangerous - I see you've done a good job of putting most (but not all) of that on the front end.

I guess I'm assuming you wrong the Web app.  Is there something I'm missing?

Meryll Larkin