SPUG: 2011 Cascadia IT Conference - Fri/Sat March 11/12

Paul English penglish1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 16:58:16 PST 2010

http://www.casitconf.org/casitconf11/Call_for_Proposals.html

We’re looking for talks, panels, and presentations. I'm sure that
talks on perl will be well received.

The deadline for talk/panel/presentation submissions is 31 DEC, 2010

While we have USENIX/SAGE and LOPSA on board, this event is being
driven by all local volunteers - we need your help!

    http://www.casitconf.org/casitconf11/Conference_Committees.html

We also need sponsorship, typically from your employer or from vendors and VARs:

    http://casitconf.org/casitconf11/Sponsorship.html

And of course, we also need to get the word out! Please share this
opportunity with co-workers & friends.

About me:
I've been a systems administrator for 12 years so naturally I have
used perl a fair bit. I've never been much of a "perl wiz" though. I'm
currently the IT Director for a small company in Seattle where we have
a 300-node Beowulf cluster doing weather forecasting for
Wind/Solar/Hydro energy. Feel free to email me directly if you can
help with promoting the conference as that is my role and I have
exactly no experience in marketing!