SPUG: ideas for future talks

Andrew Sweger andrew at sweger.net
Wed Apr 21 16:30:07 PDT 2010

> > On 04/21/2010 12:53 PM, Andrew Sweger wrote:
> > Sounds great. Can you have your presentation ready by May 18th?
>
> On Wed, 21 Apr 2010, Noah Rømer wrote:
>
> Whoops, I should have made it clear that they are topics I would be
> interested in hearing someone (else) do as well. Was chucking them out
> as a conversation starter, so to speak.

No problem. Don't feel bad for misunderstanding. This is how many SPUGgers
end up giving their first presentation. They're often some of the best
presentations too. The person requesting the topic has a genuine interest
in the topic and a fresh pair of eyes that often bring informative
insights that someone already familiar with the topic may miss.

As it stands now, we have the following openings (as far as I know):

18 May
15 June
20 July (warning: OSCON in PDX this week)
17 August
(and so on)

We haven't heard from Ingy yet if he wants to claim a particular date. But
setting a deadline does wonders for motivation (please do not quote
Douglas Adams). So, what's your preference?

(My humble apologies for top-posting previously. It's a $work thing that
messes me up often.)

--
Andrew B. Sweger -- The great thing about multitasking is that several
                                things can go wrong at once.