SPUG: bwahaaa deprecations in 5.12

Andrew Sweger andrew at sweger.net
Wed Apr 14 17:49:47 PDT 2010

Numerous Perl 4-era libraries:

"During final testing before the release of 5.12.0, several developers
discovered current production code using these ancient libraries, some
inside the Perl core itself. Accordingly, the pumpking granted them a stay
of execution. They will begin to warn about their deprecation in the
5.14.0 release and will be removed in the 5.16.0 release."

Even stuff like this (the attention to detail) is why I love Perl. I can't
help but wonder what Perl will be like in 50 years.

--
Andrew B. Sweger -- The great thing about multitasking is that several
                                things can go wrong at once.