SPUG: Rakudo Perl 6 release 21 ("Seattle")

jerry gay jerry.gay at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 22:34:26 PDT 2009

thanks all, for your support.

i'd love for you to give rakudo a try, if you haven't already.  sure,
it only passes 15k+ tests, but heck, for small, everyday
problem-solving, that's kinda a lot.  i'd really love to see more
local folks give rakudo a try, and let me and the other devs know what
you think.  heck, it's not even that hard to become a rakudo
developer, you can write the source for the operators in perl 6.

i was really hoping to do a practice release live last tuesday night,
and announce that i intended to name the september release after the
emerald city, but i didn't get my shit together in time for a meeting
(and neither did anyone else, for that matter).  hope to see you all
next month, and hear live and in person about your experience with the
seattle release of rakudo.

~jerry