SPUG: Speaking

Kate rise at knavery.net
Wed Oct 21 18:35:58 PDT 2009

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 "C.J. Adams-Collier" wrote:

> Can you spin it to be about Perl? :)

PostgreSQL optimization is always good to me, but I can see the point.
A bit on mixing in PL/Perl would absolutely rock, or perhaps something
optimization with the Perl/PostgreSQL interfaces.  We ran into a few
issues with prepared statements skipping indexes depending on using
fetchrow_hashref() versus fetchrow_array(), say, though that was with
an older PG version*.

* A testimony to PostgreSQL - it's running 8.1.4 and the master DB
  process had a three year uptime before a storage array lost power.

--
Kate Lynde                        ~~//~~                     kate at knavery.net