SPUG: JOB: Perl Dev, Seattle, WA

C.J. Adams-Collier cjac at colliertech.org
Tue Oct 13 17:33:07 PDT 2009

I thought you guys moved to java

Sent from my PDP-11

On Oct 13, 2009 5:27 PM, "SPUG Jobs" <jobs-noreply at seattleperl.org> wrote:

My name is Monita Nhem with Cobalt. Cobalt is the largest digital
advertising platform provider for automotive industry and is transforming
$8 billion dollars in advertising spending from traditional offline media
to online advertising.  Cobalt is looking for an innovative Perl Developer
to enhance and expand Cobalt's digital marketing platform. As a member of
a small focused team, you have an opportunity to influence and are
expected to innovate creative solutions. This position is a rewarding
opportunity to express your creativity, work with intelligent, innovative
people, and have your work touch millions of consumers.

COBALT GROUP JOB DESCRIPTION

This organization believes that each employee makes a significant
contribution to our success.  That contribution should not be limited by
the assigned responsibilities.  This position description is designed to
outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the
incumbent nor the organization to just the work identified.  It is our
expectation that each employee will offer his/her services where ever and
whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.

Department : Product Development
Title:       Senior Software Engineer
Reports To:  Director, Product Development

POSITION SUMMARY:

Location- Seattle, WA
Duration- Permanent, full time
stock options- 5000 shares, but currently a private company.
W2
No telecommuting

We will sponsor H1 and will assist with relocation.

Cobalt is the largest digital advertising platform provider for automotive
industry and is transforming $8 Billion dollars in advertising spending from
traditional offline media to online advertising.

Cobalt is looking for innovative Senior Software Engineers to enhance and
expand Cobalt's digital marketing platform. As a member of a small focused
team, you have an opportunity to influence and are expected to innovate
creative solutions. This position is a rewarding opportunity to express your
creativity, work with intelligent, innovative people, and have your work
touch
millions of consumers.

PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:

* Create sophisticated, imaginative and efficient back-end solutions for
 a large scale system.
* Develop high-quality code, establishing development standards and
 practice by example.
* Design reusable components by utilizing various standard frameworks.
* Evaluate requirements and initial mock-ups; make technology
 recommendations that support optimal construction, maintenance and
 performance.
* Leverage the latest developments in Internet technologies.
* Serve as a technical resource and mentor.

REQUIREMENTS:

* At least 5 - 10 years of hands on Perl experience.
* Passionate and committed with strong sense of ownership and
 craftsmanship.
* Strong communication skills (interpersonal, written, and verbal).
* Highly proficient with Perl and Java/J2EE/Weblogic/Oracle.
* Experience with Apache Struts and Spring.
* Experience in Testing Frameworks like WebTest or Selenium.
* Extensive experience with Object Oriented Programming.

Cobalt Work Environment:

The Cobalt work environment is fast-paced, energized, friendly and
professional atmosphere with focus on quality, innovation, and an
ongoing commitment to excellence. Problem solving and thinking outside
of the box is important to our culture. We value talent and
intelligence, group spirit and diversity, creativity.

Interested candidates should email me his/her resume directly, and I
will schedule a time for us to discuss.  If this is not a good fit for
you, who do you know that would be interested?  I really appreciate the
help!

Cobalt is North America's leading provider of automotive marketing
services and has a 14-year history in increasing retailing effectiveness
and profitability for auto dealerships and manufacturers. Cobalt is the
only vendor in the automotive space that provides a comprehensive, fully
integrated suite of applications that give dealers the means to
accelerate at digital marketing - driving better in-market visibility,
leads and sales.

For over 14 years, Cobalt's exclusive mission has been to help
automobile dealers and manufacturers increase their retailing
effectiveness and profits. With a comprehensive set of digital marketing
solutions including rich-media display ads and search, plus a superior
service organization that works in tandem with the technology, the
company continues to excel at that endeavor.

Cobalt has relationships with two-thirds of the world's major automotive
manufacturers. That translates to well over 50% of the automotive
dealerships in the United States, as well as automotive dealers in
Canada and Mexico, entrusting Cobalt with some component of their
digital marketing.

At Cobalt we believe you should demand two to three times the mileage
from your marketing dollar as you do today. With the industry's most
complete digital marketing services, no one else is as knowledgeable, or
committed, to providing your business with the tools and hands-on
assistance needed to create and convert more sales for less money.

Monita Nhem
Sr. Technical Recruiter
t 206.219.8991 |  f 206.374.0230 | e mnhem at cobalt.com
<mailto:htobaben at cobalt.com>   |  cobalt.com <http://www.cobalt.com/>