SPUG: regarding Perl doubt

Colin Meyer cmeyer at helvella.org
Mon Jan 26 15:43:10 PST 2009

John,

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 11:41:45AM -0800, John W. Krahn wrote:
> battipatisainagendra Bhavaniprasad wrote:
> >Hi,
>
> Hello,
>
> >I am new to this community.I have question regarding Pattern Matching
> >in Perl.
>
> In English, when you ask a question, you end the sentence with a
> question mark.  For example:
>
> How do you ask a question?

In English, when you are making a statement, you end the sentence with
a period. For example:

I have no question that your reply was not only rude, but, worse than
useless, it was harmful.

[...]
> --
> Those people who think they know everything are a great
> annoyance to those of us who do.        -- Isaac Asimov

Holy dang. You should take your own sig into consideration.

Not that I claim to know everything; just enough to be dangerous
to myself. :)

-Colin.