SPUG: February 2009 Seattle Perl Users Group Meeting

Colin Meyer cmeyer at helvella.org
Thu Feb 12 08:52:06 PST 2009

    February 2009 Seattle Perl Users Group (SPUG) Meeting

    Topic: Making Heat Maps With Perl
    Speaker: Trevor Hall
    Meeting Date: Tuesday, 16 February 2009
    Meeting Time: 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
    Location: Marchex - 4th & Pine

    Cost: Admission is free and open to the public
    Info: http://seattleperl.org/

Tuesday, February 16, is the next meeting of the THE SEATTLE
PERL USERS GROUP.

This month's talk features the exciting adventures of making eye-popping
heat maps using the Perls and the edge-of-your-seat development
experience that brought Image::Heatmap (not yet released) to the
internets for downloading over the File Transfer Protocol [editor: may
also be available by http]. In other words, I will tell you how I made
this: http://trevor.bluecorral.com/spug/heat/ and what caused me to lose
more hair over making it. Free pizza and beer will be provided I hope.

About Trevor
"You can just use this: http://goldenguru.com/team/trevor.html as I
hate talking about myself."

Pre-Meeting
================

If you are so inclined, please come to the pre-meeting at the Elephant &
Castle pub on 5th & Union. We'll be there from 5-6:19PM.

Meeting Location
================

Pizza and Beer will be provided at the meeting.

Marchex
413 Pine St, Suite 500
Seattle, WA  98101

The building is just south of Westlake Center. Enter on 4th Avenue, near
Pine street. The entry is near the Dog In The Park hotdog stand.

  http://www.baylis.org/static/marchex.png

Due to all of the shopping around us there is plenty of parking
available in garages, but it can be hard to find street parking in
the evening.

See you there!