SPUG: JOB: Perl/Java @ Speakeasy

SPUG Jobs jobs-noreply at seattleperl.org
Wed Dec 9 16:03:28 PST 2009

Description

Position Summary:

We're looking for an experienced, enthusiastic Perl & Java developer to
work with our CPE team on a project.  Ideal candidate will have experience
with networks and SIP protocols. This project requires solid recent Perl
coding.  The contactor will spend 80% of the time coding in Perl and 20%
in Java.

Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:

 *   Develop software using our current application standards in Java and Perl
 *   Database development experience with SQL, Oracle, database design
 *   Participate in various phases of SDLC including design, coding,
     reviews, testing and documentation
 *   Utilize design methodologies, object-oriented design and design patterns
 *   Work with other teams throughout the company to determine
     feasibility, business and functional requirements and technical
     designs on assigned projects
 *   Provide ongoing support, maintenance and enhancement of systems

Required Skills & Experiences

Skills and experience:

 *   BS in Computer science with 3+ years of industry experience
 *   3+ years solid hands-on experience with Java development required
 *   3+ years solid development experience with Perl required
 *   Database development experience with SQL, Oracle, database design
 *   Network experience a plus
 *   Experience working with SIP protocols a plus

Ideally will also have:

 *   2+ years experience with Spring and Hibernate
 *   Experience with Web Services and XML technologies (SOAP, XSD,
     XMLBeans, etc...)
 *   Experience with Agile software development methodologies
 *   Experience with design patterns and modeling methodologies
     such as UML
 *   Experience with multi-tiered enterprise software application design
     and development
 *   Knowledge of computer network infrastructures, technologies and protocols
 *   Excellent written and verbal communication skills
 *   Ability to work well independently or within a team, especially cross-
     functional teams
 *   Ability to determine unique and creative solutions to problems
     within a rapid development environment

If interested, please send me your resume.

Lori Barry, PHR, SPHR
Manager, Recruiting

Speakeasy
Direct > 206 971 5154 * Fax > 206 971 5191
Email > lori.barry at hq.speakeasy.net  * Web > http://www.speakeasy.net/
STRATEGIC | ACHIEVER | LEARNER | WOO | ANALYTICAL
Voice * Data * Managed Services