SPUG: Need a transparent email forwarding utility

Tim Maher tim at consultix-inc.com
Tue Sep 16 07:18:56 PDT 2008

Can anybody recommend a module, script, or prefab application that
provides transparent Email forwarding? What I need is something that
will rewrite the headers so that mail sent to me at System A by
Person #42 can be forwarded to me at my (Linux) system B, and allow
me to hit "reply" to respond to Person #42 (instead of replying to
/me/ at System A), to hit "group reply" and reply to all the original
recipients, etc.

TIA,
-Tim
P.S. Naturally, I've already tried writing a program to munge the
     mail headers to achieve the desired effect, but I'm clearly
     missing some critical piece of knowledge because it doesn't work
     quite right.
|    Tim Maher, PhD  (206) 781-UNIX    http://www.consultix-inc.com    |
|     tim at ( TeachMePerl, TeachMeLinux, or TeachMeUnix ) dot Com     |