SPUG: State of the Perl Frameworks

Nicholas Melnick nick-list at dytara.com
Fri Nov 14 18:58:41 PST 2008

I adore Catalyst. I run one personal site off of it (whatthe%%%%.com),
and have used it at two different places of employment. Most of my
background was CGI::Application and handbuilt models, but once you get
over the initial learning hump, primarily due to DBIx::Class, Catalyst
is an absolute dream to work in.

It has the added advantage of being able to test easily without an
apache install, and built in scripts to work with mod_perl, FastCGI,
or as a regular CGI script.

Note that this message is all fluff about how much I love it. If you'd
like to know more about the hows and whats, feel free to contact me.